Sunday Post on Monday #18 - (Sweet) Surprises



The Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Hi there! Sorry for the delay. I went to my grandma's where there was no internet connection. (How did I survive?) It happened quite abruptly, that's why I hadn't informed you beforhand or scheduled posts. Or at least not all of them, My apologies for it, I didn't see it coming, however, I won't go anywhere now that school's only a week away (also: sad face, sad face, SAD FACE!)  Moreover, that certain ARC awkwardness happened, if you know what I mean, so for Saturday I wouldn't have had a review anyway. (Again, sorry.)

Moving on, what does an internet addict do without internet?

After the initial shock, lamentation and wi-fi hide and seek, I did what I love the most apart from the World Wide Web. I read. Not having fallen in love with Guardian (the ARC I was supposed to review on Saturday), I opted for another ARC with a quickly approaching release, Winter People. I don't want to give away anything, especially that you'll get to learn more this week. But I can't help saying I hit the jackpot this month. Yes, even despite that one minor let-downish incident, I definitely did.

I also met my friend there several times over those couple of days I spent at my grandma's. We attended a smaller annual party that one of their friends organizes every year and held a slumber party afterwards with popcorn (which I'm not allowed to eat because of my braces. Hurray! (cue sarcasm)) and series binging. 

And to top of the probably most eventful week - half week of my summer, I was counting down the hours until receiving my exam results. I got them on Friday. And guess what! I passed. I actually freakin' passed.


So without boring you with the tid-bits of my life any longer, let's proceed to the bloggish-bookish part.






On Tuesday, I shared a short teaser from Dream on by M. Kircher.


On Wednesday, I asked you if your WIP worked out for you,








Tuesday:

Books Made of Video Games


Wednesday:

Writing Wednesday (11) - On Character Development


Thursday:

ARC Review: The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy


Friday:

Rethought: My Opinion on Rating (A.K.A. a Shout-out for Help!)


Saturday:

YA Book Releases Next Month


Sunday:

Sunday Suspense (25) - Call Me Grim by Elizabeth Holloway




16068787



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ;)