Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Good evening everybody. I hope you all have had a good day. Today I'm publishing my very first book review which is about  Easy by Tammara Webber.

 


Synopsis:



Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.



A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



My thoughts:



I'd been very curious about Easy for a while since 3/4 of the Earth's population dote on it and some of my friends also told me it was good but I have to admit it wasn't what I'd expected. I honestly didn't mean to start with kind of a negative review and I hope I won't offend anybody with it and you will contemplate my thoughs on the book even if you liked it.

The story is about Jacqueline Wallace, who is in her senior year at college. Just like at every good campus they have their Greek house parties, too but because they are responsible students they always designate a driver who is not allowed to drink that night. This night, where the book starts off, our heroine, Jackie is the one who should drive her groggy friends back to college. She leaves the party early to wait for the others in the car but suddenly one of the campus fraternity members assaultes her and would rape her if a stranger guy doesn't appear and saves her with beating the him up. After the incident he asks, as it is normal, if he should call only the police or an ambulance, too but she refuses both, thinking of that it would ruin the party. And we already arrived at the first stop of the array of numerous unrealistic occurences. In my oppinion trought the whole book the backlashes of a rape is quite a lot despised and Jacqueline's reactons to the shocking affair are not as strong as it ought to be. I wouldn't like to put the review full of spoilers in case somebody hasn't read the book yet so I won't meantion them now but it is present throughout the story and for me spoils it. My other problem is that the details are not elaborated  enough as well as the characters. What is the name of the college, where is it, where is Lucas's dad now, what is he doing apart from the mourning? I mean we know so little about the Maxfield's tragedy although it's a very important part of the story and when it comes to me I missed this information. Also Erin's the perfect friend she just exists to help her, even when she brokes up with her beloved boyfriend she doesn't need to be cared. The other minor characters are quite trite, they start spreading rumors right away when they see her with Buck, his assaultive, and always there to see a tad bit of a fight. By the large the book is simply unrealistic for me as though they live in a fairy tale. Or rather a Disney movie. However apart from these the book is really nice and well-written (frankly I really liked how Webber writes, she really knows how to use  words) and pretty exciting even for a person who is used to action and fantasy books (yep that's me :P).


Favorite character: Charles Heller. I've been always fond of the good old father-fellows and he didn't balk me at all. Although he didn't appeared too many times, he looked like a nice man.


Favorite scene: When after the second in-truck attack Lucas praises Jacqueline on clobbering Buck.


Worst scene: There weren't especially bad scenes but I did feel a bit akward when Jacqueline declared that she knew Lucas is ready because he was hard under her.

Overall rating:    



Installments:



Although Easy has no installments, it does have a novel that is related to it, called Breakable. You can check it out here:  http://tammarawebber.blogspot.hu/p/breakable.html


Other books by the author:



The Between the Lines series, which consists of four books (so far). Link here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ;)