Name Decoder - What You Favorite Characters' Names Mean? - Girls

So I have this thing with names. I love learning new names and I often study their meaning, too because I do believe names have power. I know it's weird, but sometimes it comes in handy. I also often look for names for fan-fictions and other stories of mine. Well, today was one of these days, and suddenly it just occurred to me that I could seek out the protagonists' names of our favorite (YA) books. I don't know how much you will care for it, yet I hope it will be interesting for some of you at least. I will be picking out books, names, however, you can request for names with leaving a comment with the character's whole name, the book she or he is from and the author.

The first session consists of female names.



Nora Grey from the Hush, hush sequel by Becca Fitzpatrick

meaningNora as a girl's name is pronounced NOR-ah. It is of English origin. Short form Eleanora (Greek) "light", Honora (Latin) "woman of honor", and Leonora. Also used as an independent name. In Scotland, Nora is often used as a feminine form of Norman.











Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

meaningas a girl's name is a variant of Claire (Latin), and the meaning of Clary is bright, famous













Katy Swartz from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

meaningThe name Katy is a Greek name. In Greek the meaning of the name Katy is: Pure.
















Beatrice 'Tris' Prior from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth.

meaningas a girl's name is pronounced BEE-a-triss. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Beatrice is voyager (through life); blessed.












Layla from White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

meaningas a girl's name is a variant of Laila (Arabic), Leila (Arabic) and Lila(Arabic), and the meaning of Layla is night beauty.











Tessa Gray from the Clockwork series by Cassandra Clare

meaningas a girl's name is pronounced TESS-ah. It is of English origin. Diminutive of Teresa. Also possibly (Greek) fourth child

4 comments:

  1. A great post! I really enjoy name meanings & its interesting to see each of the definitions for some of my favourite characters.

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post and found it interesting. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I found your awesome blog on GoodReads "Making Connections" and followed! Please visit my blog at http://TheReporterandTheGirl.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you, I'm glad you like it! I visited your blog, liked it on Facebook and started following you on twitter. Your writing is impressive.

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ;)